How to make Cannabis Hash Oil with a Hair Straightener
Cannabis Hash Oil with a Hair Straightener | ILLEGAL TENDR
High guys! Today I’m gonna let you in on a little under-talked about secret. What if I told you that you could make dabbable oil in a matter of minutes with your flat iron? That’s right! The same thing that can straighten out luscious locks can also make you some fire oil using a handy technique I like to call, “Rosin Tech.” Keep reading to learn more!
First off, what is Rosin Tech? Rosin Tech is a relatively new extraction method used to make cannabis hash oil . The process is 100% free of any solvents or explosive chemicals which means no waiting for your oil to “purge” itself of harmful residuals. It’s so safe, you can make it right in your bedroom.
Here’s what you will need:
- Flat iron (preferably 2″ wide plates) with a low setting of 140 (required)
- 1-2 grams of cured cannabis
- 5×5 inch parchment squares
- Gloves (not required, but you’ll thank me later)
- Set flat iron to lowest setting 140-150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take approximately 1-2 grams of cured cannabis and remove any excess stems and/or leaves, as this will negatively impact taste.
- Use hands to press into a tight (lemme repeat myself once more), TIGHT puck.
- Fold a piece of parchment in half and place the puck directly in the center.
- Place the folded parchment in between the flat iron plates
- Press down as hard as you can with an insulated glove, oven mitt, or you can even stand on it (with a shoe of course).
- In approximately 5-15 seconds, you will start to hear a sizzling sound and/or see the rosin oozing.
- After removing the parchment from the flat iron, open it up and see that gold glisten!
The collected oil is ready to be smoked! No waiting needed!
Tips and tricks:
- Make sure your flower is properly hydrated. In my opinion, the stickier the bud, the more oil and the better the press.
- Buds that are naturally more dense will produce more oil.
- LOW temp, HIGH pressure!
- A common misconception with this method of extraction is that the end product should have the consistency of “shatter”. This generally does not apply to rosin as more terpenes are being pulled, leaving the product to be “sappy” and unstable.
- The consistency, color, as well as texture do not have a direct reflection on the flavor and potency profile of the oil.
- If you’re having trouble getting your oil collected off the parchment paper, try placing it on a cold surface for a few seconds.
- If you get a little bit of rosin on your expensive Chi, don’t fret! Grab a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a paper towel and voilà!
Making cannabis hash oil at home can be a little discouraging at first. It takes some patience, but once you get it, you’ll be unstoppable!